Things I’m Thankful For:
1. Cuddling with my husband. And the fact we’ve never had to do the “long distance relationship” thing. It’s unnatural. Props to the military wives and others who do it with grace and elegance. Unlike myself. Clark has been in California speaking at Biola Univerity since Tuesday… amazing opportunity for him, they flew him out! Amazingly alone feeling for me. Boo.
2. My Youth Staff & Band Kids. CI family. Don’t honestly know what I’d do without my staff tonight. This week was so tough for me (emtionally speaking) running The Counter Influence by myself, but my staff had everything covered and really had my back. I’m beyond blessed that they even pray for me regularly! Thank God for them. Then, my kids were so brave and really became the lead worshippers tonight! They did a brilliant job leading worship – such talent – and I’m so proud!
3. My new found love for beanies. Truth. They keep my head super warm whilst looking incredible stylish. Plus, it’s definitely hat season! Wicked freezing this week in New England! I’m so glad I live here… but it’s cold as the icicles hanging from Jack’s post-sunk Titanic nose. I’m surprised my hair hasn’t yet morphed into the white witch’s freezing dreads out here. Thanks beanie!
4. My new leggings. They have saved me this week. Check them out here and here. I know I talked about my beanie keeping me warm, but these leggings are magical. So maybe this is a bit over kill. But really. Pretty much at all times, my legs feel like they’re as close to the fire as FDR in a pre-war chat.
5. Chicken Piccata. Specifically the chicken piccata from Cheesecake factory. My cousin Deanna and I went to dinner on Thursday night ((She’s definitely another person I’m very thankful for!!)) and was able to soak in that delishhhh angel hair pasta… chicken… sauce… mmm!! If you haven’t had this dish yet, you’ve truly not been living. I’m very serious. I don’t care if I sound like the fat kid from Charlie’s Chocolate Factory. That was one smart kid… I feel SUPAH good after I eat it! Go. Now. Eat it now.
Well, this concludes this episode of what Kim’s thankful for. From serious to epic to stupid to meaningful. I’m truly thankful for all these things!